Set a Goal
Set a financial goal for yourself and aim high. Share your goal with your potential supporters, so they understand exactly what you are trying to accomplish.
Get the word out using your own social media accounts!
- Change your profile picture to the Walk for Hospice logo
- Help get the word out with using our hashtag:
- Share your fundraising page on your "status box" and ask for donations
- Ask for help!
- Share your team page and ask others to join
- Ask others to share your fundraising page on their newsfeed
- Get a challenge going:
- Share an incentive contest for your friends & family (Example; Anyone who gives more than a $10 gift will be entered to win a ___"
- Thank your supporters online by tagging each person who has given in a post and maybe a fun memory of them. Those who see it will want to help you and get some recognition.
Send a letter or email to friends and family to generate support. A few tips include:
Ask your manager if you can send a company-wide email explaining why you’re participating in the Walk for Hospice. Encourage your company to sponsor a corporate team. Our staff is happy to come to your workplace to make a presentation to your colleagues about the benefits of corporate sponsorship. Ask your manager if your company has a matching gift program.
General Fundraising Strategies
Keep extra copies of the Walk brochure in your car - you never know when you might meet potential contributors. Need more brochures? Email email@example.com to request them.
Ask churches, community centers, and school groups to support you. Ask the businesses you patronize to support you - your dry cleaner, fitness center operator, or hair stylist.
Encourage supporters to submit donations online or collect donations when people agree to sponsor you. This will ensure donations reach Hospice patients sooner and save you from having to contact sponsors later.
Send a personal thank you note to each of your sponsors as soon as you receive their gift. Also, plan to send out a final thank you note after the event. You may want to include a picture of yourself on the day of the walk wearing your Walk t-shirt.